These breads go great with soup, chilli, or by themselves. They’re delicious with butter, your favourite jam, or my personal favourite peanut butter.
- 20 ML (4 tsp.) Baking Powder
- 4 Cups Flour
- 30 ML (2 Tbsp.) Veg. Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Mix dry ingredients into a bowl
- Mix in the wet ingredients
- Form dough into ball and set on lightly floured board. Pull off approximately ten golfball size bits, shape into balls, and flatten each into a pancake.
- Fill a large frying pan with about 3/4 inch of shortening or lard. Fry the dough until both sides are golden brown, takes about 2-3 minutes for each side, depending on the heat of your stove.
- Set breads on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- To freeze, let breads cool and bag them in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to one month.